AnaboxCurrent versions: 0.3, released 2010-02-05: switching from prototypal inheritance to parts constructor;
0.2.1, released 2010-02-05: Bugfixes for 0.2 (Configurables now mean something)
- Image captions
- Grouping of images
... and here one with a caption:
... and here a group of two pics:
All sample images: Wikimedia Commons
Sweet, isn't it? And you can use it yourself. All you need to do is download the package and follow these rules:
- Include anabox.js and anabox.css in any page you want to use with anabox.
- Put the images for prevlabel.gif, nextlabel.gif, closelabel.gif and loading.gif in the folder images on your webserver. You can customize the location and files via editing anabox.js line 3 (fileLoadingImage='images/loading.gif',fileBottomNavCloseImage='images/closelabel.gif';) and anabox.css lines 18 and 19.
- Any picture you want to enable in the anabox layer, link to it via <a href="imagefile" rel="anabox">linktext</a>
- If you want to use a caption add title="your caption" to the <a> element like this: <a href="imagefile" rel="anabox" title="your caption">linktext</a>
- If you want to group images, add [group_name] to the rel attribut like this: <a href="imagefile" rel="anabox[group_name]" title="your caption">linktext</a> The group name can only consist of letters, numbers, underscore and hyphens and will not show up anywhere (except in the markup of course).
- Other settings you might want to customize in anabox.js are also in line 3: borderSize=10 for the size of the border around the images and labelImage="Image",labelOf="of"; for image sets (outputs labelImage No. labelOf pictures_in_set).
What does the name mean?
Anabox is lighter than the original Lightbox, and ana is the abbreviation of anorexic, therefore Anabox = anorexic box.
If you find this offensive, then here is alternative etymology: Anabox stands for Another Box.
What license applies for Anabox?
Anabox comes with an MIT style license, which allows you (more or less) to anything with the code.
What is a tar.gz file and how can I open it?
tar.gz is a compressed (gzipped) archive file (tar) and most archiver software should be able to deal with it. Windows user e.g. should try the the free software 7zip.
There is a bug in Anabox. What should I do ?
Send me an email how it is broken.
I have made a modification to Anabox, could you please integrate it into the code?
Sure, send me an email or see the Github page.
I really like Anabox. What can I do to thank you?
Send me an email how glad you are ;)
I really, really like Anabox. What can I do to thank you?
Donate money to any of the following organisations that help keep the internet free: Chaos Computer Club, Electronic Frontier Foundation or Debian.
Anabox at GitHub